Saturday, January 15, 2011

The Great Mayonnaise Debacle.

I had squeezed the very last splurt of mayonnaise from the squeeze bottle and my menu plan for the next fortnight included two meals that used mayonnaise. It was time to buy more.

Inspired by the 'Real Food' challenge on Not Dabbling in Normal I decided that I would make my mayonnaise from scratch. It would be healthier without all the preservatives, it would have a more traditional feel to it and I would feel better for having made it myself.

Or at least that was the plan.

The following debacle unfolded on Facebook so enough talk from me. I let the disaster speak for itself.







The big lesson here is this:

Though adding extra ingredients to a failed cooking endeavor may work sometimes it is not always the best way to go. Lemon essence? Really!

No comments:

Post a Comment