Monday, January 10, 2011

Where there is no sun...

We have seen a deluge over the last week, all on ground already saturated.

It has been terribly sad to see the disaster this has caused for other Queenslanders in places like Rockhampton, Emerald and now, closer to home in Toowoombah. My thoughts go out to all those who have been effected and this weekend I'll be gathering items I can spare from around our home to send to the flood appeals (blankets and the sort).

In my own small part of the world, the rains haven't caused more than a bit of misery and a large pile of laundry waiting for the return of sunny days.

But where there is no sun I still have sunflowers.

Sunflowers in the rain. I dashed out with camera primed to snap this shot.
It's the closest I've been able to appreciate my sunflowers as it's been raining since they bloomed.

2 comments:

  1. I just love the vibrancy of the yellow and the crisp perfection of the rain droplets (and the full-blown drops!). gorgeous!

    Jen H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen. That's why I love our little point-and-shoot Olympus camera though it's now old in electronic terms. The colors it captures are just the right shades/vibrancy for me.

    I wrote this entry the morning before they opened the dam gates. I've been at home since then due to work and transport closure so I guess the statement about the flood not effecting me is now incorrect!

    I hope you're well, safe and dry!

    ReplyDelete