Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My positively favourite choc-chip recipe


  • 180 g butter or margarine
  • 1/3 cup castor sugar
  • 4 tab condensed milk
  • 1 1/2 cups SR flour
  • pinch salt
  • 200 - 250g choc chips (or chopped chocolate block)
  • 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Preheat the oven to moderate (180 degrees celcius) and grease baking trays.
Cream the butter, sugar and condensed milk.
Fold in flour, salt, chocolate and nuts.
Roll into balls and place on trays about 10cm apart. They will spread while baking!
Flatten balls slightly.
Bake in the moderate oven for 15 min, turning the tray at half time to ensure even baking.

3 comments:

  1. condensed milk?! You bad girl ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ;) Thank heavens above that we have the miracle of low fat condensed milk!

    I even made these with low fat butter and found they worked just fine... so some of the badness of these cookies can be reduced.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and low fat chocolate? XD Why do the bad things have to taste so good??
    Do you have an awesome anzac biscuits recipe? I need to grab my mums recipe if she still has it I think. I have been in a baking mood this past week.

    ReplyDelete