Sunday, June 12, 2011

Food Connect Box 1

I picked up my first Food Connect box last Thursday.  (Gourmet mixed box at $52)

It contained:

1 garlic head
1 bunch dill
1 med head of broccoli
1 bunch shallots
2 avacados
3 zucchinis
2 large eggplants
1 green chili
4 capsicums (1/2 red, 1/2 green)
1 butter lettuce head
1/2 sugarloaf cabbage
1 corn cob
roughly 400g flat mushrooms
2 beetroots
7 sweet potatoes
2 lemons
2 lemonade fruits
3 kiwi fruits
3 appleas
6 mandarines
2 oranges


I did an online shop of Coles and Woolworths and found that the same produce totalled $66.92 at Woolworths and $55.55 at Coles.   (This, of course isn't a perfect comparison but it does give some guide.)

Now to work out what I'm going to make from it all!

2 comments:

  1. The produce isn't picture perfect, but given how much variety you get for your dollar compared to what you get in the supermarket, this is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the variety and even like getting things I don't usually cook with (read - cabbage and dill) because it's making me learn how to cook them and to think of ways of doing things.

    I'm really racing against the clock to get this lot cooked and eaten. However, given that I'm having a try at going gluten free I'll probably be filling the lonely tummy space with more veges so we'll see...

    ReplyDelete