Thursday, June 23, 2011

Food Connect Box 2

I know I've been quiet folks -  enthusiasm for other things and my continuing health oddities/troubles have been taking my attention.

However things have been going on in my little patch of the world.
I've grown a batch of sprouts very successfully and plan to photograph the process next time for a blog entry. 
I then used the sprouts in a crazy soup concoction I call "verdant broth" in an attempt to use up more cabbage.  I can't remember the full receipt but it involves cabbage, peas, sprouts carraway seeds and no stock!
I've also watched my basil seeds, alyssium and lettuce seeds germinate.   Meanwhile everything else I planted while ago either sits dormant or are Fail.
I've been reading 'The Edible Garden' by the amazing Alys Fowler.
I've been cooking regularly and watching the inspiring 'River Cottage'.
I pulled two carrots that I grew - a very proud moment.


AND...

Last night I got my next Food Connect box of vegetables.

Contents:
1 bag flat mushrooms
2 large tomatoes
3 red capsicums
1 bunch spring onions
1 bunch coriander
1 big butter lettuce head
1 med brocolli head
3 green zucchini
4 finger eggplants
1 round eggplant
1 big and 1 small yacon
1 lrg sweet potato
3 very large cloves garlic

2 avacados
3 large mandarines
3red apples
3 oranges
1 pineapple
4 lady finger bananas
4 kiwi fruits


I have to admit I am stumped by the yacon...

No comments:

Post a Comment