Tuesday, December 28, 2010

No Laundry Today

It has been overcast and rainy for almost a month now. There were two days of sunshine a few weeks ago - luckily they were on my days off so I could get some washing done.

But since then the skies have rained, sulked, blown a gale, sulked and rained some more.

We've also had a string of Summer storms, typical to Queensland weather (pre-drought years).

A Summer storm with a green-hail sky over Brisbane

Our dams which were dangerously low a few years ago are now filled to 80% - to a point where they are having to release water to ensure that there is capacity for flood mitigation.

Heavy clouds sulking in the sky.

My lawn is a swamp in some areas at saturation point everywhere else.

Swampy front lawn.

My plants are hankering for some sunshine and time to dry out. I am hankering for either some sunshine or a big water tank to capture some of the rainfall.

1 comment:

  1. We had sunny skies yesterday, so quickly washed some sheets & towels. Nice to feel them WARM when I took them off, rather than taking clothes from off the airers & thinking ... they HAVE to be dry, but don't really feel it!

    ReplyDelete