Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Tomato! Tomato!

I found something unexpected at my local Bunnings.... seedlings from Diggers Club. There weren't many different varieties of plants but what was there sold out quickly as I found very few left when I went back a second time. With such popularity, hopefully we'll see more Diggers heirloom seedlings cropping up around there. Pun intended.

I bought four different varieties of tomatoes.
The Black Russian
Lemon Drop (Yellow, round tomato)
Green Zebra
Tigerella

They are thriving well, especially the Lemon Drop which has jumped up like a magic beanstalk! Each plant has started flowering already and two of the four have started showing signs of fruit.

You can see two little fruits started if you look closely!

For a new gardener who has faced plenty of distressing failures over the last few years having such success is thrilling.

No comments:

Post a Comment