Sunday, June 28, 2009

A satisfying kind of weekend

I've had a weekend that felt satisfying and productive but in a nice, lazy kind of way.

I knitted some more of my lap rug until I ran out of the colour I'm currently using.

I worked on a stitchery of cupcakes until I ran out of thread.

I then sewed up the 4th block of a block-of-the-month patchwork quilt I've been working on for the last 3 years.


I baked passionfruit melting moment biscuits.



Rhys' sister Lauren came over and we made Matcha (Japanese green tea) cupcakes with matcha butter-cream icing.

Our good friend Dan came over for dinner and Lauren shouted us all pizza and pasta for dinner.


I did 4 loads of washing.

I wrote a letter to a friend.

I sewed a dress from a pretty dusty gray-blue fabric I had bought a while ago for cheap - a project I started in the morning and finished in the evening.

A very productive weekend indeed!

2 comments:

  1. Your block is so pretty! I want to do something with applique and/or embroidery, but I don't think I'd be allowed to use it on my bed... perhaps I'll do a wall hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kel. I suspect I won't be allowed to use it on the bed either but maybe I'll use it as a throw rug on the second couch... I guess I have to finish it first before I think about its purpose!

    ReplyDelete