Wednesday, July 13, 2011

What to make with just 5 strawberries

I was thrilled to see I had strawberries in my latest food connect box.  Then came sadness that there were only 5 of them.   Though smooshing a plain strawberry in the mouth is one of life's great pleasures, I wanted to use all five together in a worthwhile kind of way - enough to help out with a meal. 

What could I do with 5 strawberries that would make them worthwhile?

Then I was reminded of the breakfast episode of River Cottage Everyday where Hughie makes a breakfast thickie as a quick and tasty option to include oats in breakfast - not as porridge!






In go the strawberries..... some homemade yogurt with the last scrapings of my mulberry ice-cream and a generous handful of rolled oats.   Cover the lot with milk.

In goes the hand blender.....

And in a few short minutes I have a delicious breakfast thickie!

1 comment:

  1. I loved this so much I bought another punnet of strawberries and made this again for breakfast today... am sipping on it between typing. :)

    ReplyDelete