Sunday, May 16, 2010

Ladybird Ladybird fly away home!

Ladybird! Ladybird! Fly away home.
Your house is on fire and children all gone.


Ok! So now I'm really excited!

I haven't looked at the 'City Chicks' website for a long while, since I first wanted chickens, just over a year ago. Tonight I went to have a look at what coops they have for sale and (oh happy day!) I found they'd expanded into vegetable gardening and other sustainable goodies.

Now that's not what got me clapping joyfully. No indeed! Something MUCH better!

These blessed souls sell insect kits. Ladybird eggs. Lacewing eggs.

I look to the aphid tortured oregano in my backyard and give a wicked grin. Your time has come my little nasty aphids. It's CAT'S TURN NOW! Whahahahahahahahahaha.

2 comments:

  1. Wow ladybug kits!
    On the subject of planters... I've suggested Mark plant tomatoes in hanging baskets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D I was just saying to Rhys the other day that I wished that it was possible to import ladybugs. I probably won't get any of these until I have a bit more to offer in my garden. I'd hate to pay for ladybirds, nurture and grow them only to have them fly off to greener pastures.

    I'd be really interested to know how the tomatoes in hanging baskets goes. I'm worried about doing any hanging baskets here because we get constant breeze and wind so it would be easy for them to dry out.

    You can also grow courgettes in hanging baskets too apparently.

    ReplyDelete